3.24.2013

Slow skiing in the sun







Boy, it was warm! Unlike on previous skiing trips, today there was no wind at all, the temperature was just below zero and the sun was shining. The island was really quiet in the morning, I had the whole place to myself. I zig-zagged in the forest, skied past the familiar buildings, and enjoyed a cuppa in the sun. By the time I got back, the shoreline was buzzing with people skiing, snow-shoeing, ice-fishing and walking. Snow-mobiles were driving around (which really spoils the atmosphere) and the parking lot was packed. Good thing I woke up so early this morning.

2 comments:

  1. Joskus kannattaa herätä ajoissa! Huikea kevätvalo kuvissasi! Jääpuikkokuva on hauska!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiitos!
    Olen usein sitä harmitellutkin, kun en saa itseäni juuri koskaan aikaisin aamulla ylös ja menee upeat aamu-usvat ja auringonnousut ohi. Kerrankin pääsin nauttimaan hiljaisesta ja hitaasta aamusta :)

    ReplyDelete